Posted on October 14 2020
Have you been experiencing more irritation and breakouts than usual? You're not alone! Masks have become an essential everyday accessory to help reduce the spread of Covid-19. Mask acne, or "maskne," has become common, and we have everything you need to get it under control!
Masks tend to absorb bacteria, sweat, moisture and causes friction, which can lead to clogged pores and dry, irritated skin. Check out our tips below to learn how you can prevent "maskne."
- 100% cotton masks are softer on the skin and more breathable! Wash your cloth masks daily, or switch out your disposable surgical masks daily. Make sure to use fragrance-free detergent!
- Wash your face morning & night! The buildup of dead skin, makeup and dirt has to be removed before your face hits the pillow.
- Make sure to exfoliate 2-3 times a week. This will help deep clean and reduce clogged pores.
- Don't wear heavy, pore-clogging makeup, this can be a recipe for breakouts! Instead check out our light-weight, breathable makeup (click here).
- Moisturize before putting on your mask! Whether your skin is more oily or dry, keeping your skin hydrated will help prevent irritation.
Check Out Our Top 8 Picks to Avoid Maskne!
Hello Bright Facial Foaming Cream Cleanser
A foaming, deep clean facial cleanser that removes dirt, makeup and impurities.Shop Now
Ultimate Detox Deep Cleansing Balm
A deep penetrating cleanser with charcoal and a blend of moisturizing butters and oils for long lasting hydration.Shop Now
Hello Bright Facial Enzyme Exfoliant
A powerful blend of enzymes, vitamins, antioxidants and superfoods to brighten, remove dead skin cells and diminish dark spots.Shop Now
Bombshell Clarifying Facial Mask
A gentle clay mask that detoxifies and mildly exfoliates with the use of poppy seeds, citrus essential oils, and kaolin clay.Shop Now
Go Green Facial Serum
A gentle blend of deep penetrating oils including chamomile, calendula & jojoba to help with irritation and dry skin.Shop Now
Bombshell Acne Spot Treatment
Packed with clarifying oils including tea tree, peppermint, rosemary and much more to help reduce redness without drying out the the skin.Shop Now
Lip-A-Luscious Lip Exfoliator
Manuka Honey ("Liquid Gold") extraordinarily softens and hydrates the lips while sugar and jojoba beads gently exfoliate.Shop Now
Ultimate Detox Facial Enzyme Exfoliant
A natural microdermabrasion for your skin! Bromelain enzymes and bamboo charcoal powder leave a slight tingling sensation, and will leave your skin feeling smooth and squeaky clean.Shop Now
SHOP ALL SKINCARE